People the world over love a good cup of tea. Enjoyed for thousands of years, tea is consumed daily by millions of people. It is not only a comforting and delicious beverage but also has many health benefits. Tea contains antioxidants and other beneficial compounds that can improve overall health and well-being. Additionally, the act of making and drinking tea can be a calming and meditative experience, which is why drinking tea can be enjoyed as a way to unwind and relax.
1. Boil water: Fill a kettle or pot with fresh, cold water and place it on the stove or heat source. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Warm teapot: While the water is boiling, warm up your teapot by pouring in some hot water and swirling it around. This helps keep your tea warm for longer.
3. Add tea leaves: Place the desired amount of loose tea leaves or tea bags into the
teapot. A general rule of thumb is one teaspoon of loose tea leaves or one tea bag
per cup of water.
4. Pour water: Once the water has boiled, pour it into the teapot over the tea leaves or tea bags.
5. Steep tea: Allow the tea to steep for 2–5 minutes, depending on the type of tea you are making. For black tea, 2-3 minutes is recommended, while green tea should be steeped for 3–4 minutes.
6. Remove tea leaves/bags: After the tea has steeped for the desired amount of time, remove from the teapot.
7. Pour tea: Carefully pour the tea into a teacup or mug.
8. Add milk or sugar: If desired, add a dash of milk or sugar at this point.
All that remains is to take a moment, sit back, relax, and savor this freshly brewed cup of delight. Delicious, for great comfort, for good health.